Tuesday 11 November 2014

Overstretched Courtship.

Statistics show that the ratio between the population of girls and boys in the world is three to one and its to become five women to one man in about a few years time.
 With this statistic in mind and taken into consideration that most women, (about 8 women to 1) want to settle down (get married),
how does a woman play her part in achieving this dream,seeing the men have a lot of her,so to speak,to choose from?
  Firstly, what is Courtship?

Courtship is a period of time when two people, a man and a woman, date to see if they are compatible for marriage. But, how can Courtship go wrong?
 That's where the term,"overstretched courtship" comes to play.Please note here that I am not exactly giving my opinion as I do not believe there are so much women that getting a partner becomes difficult, I am just discussing a norm I have noticed and I know this issue hits home for a lot of women.

If we ve defined courtship as a period of time where two people, a male and a female relate to find out if they are compatible enough to get married, then what is an"overstretched courtship" or relationship?

  This, according to my definition, is when two people continue to stay in a relationship they know will lead them nowhere,'will not lead to marriage' because of certain flimsy, yes flimsy reasons.

A simple case scenario. A woman continues seeing someone she knows doesn't love her and doesn't see his future with her and she continues thinking somehow she can make him change his mind. I'm looking at this from the female angle because she is the one that is more affected with this as the woman is perceived to have a clock and 'her prime' and most of the time, this woman spends the better part of her time when she could open her eyes and self to her"prince charming" waiting for this other person that doesn't care for her.

  So what must be done to stop this? Relationship experts have said it takes a man two Years maximum of dating to really know where he wants to go with it. So,frankly I think that if after two years, a man doesn't let me know his family, doesn't ask to know mine,you know make his intentions clear,then we should both mutually call off the relationship because as they say, time waits for no one.

This opinion might come off as being a little harsh, but I think its high time women were more frank and focused with what they want because I m not trying to knock down any man but I think a lot of men take advantage of women now because of they know there are a lot of women out there and continuing to see a man that after 6,7 years have never seen your parents will only make him take advantage of you more.

Because for me,there is no justifiable excuse. If you're not ready, after two years, then let me go so you can find your,Mrs right' and my ' Mr right can find me.

I'm not saying that making his intentions known means getting married tomorrow. But he must seriously let you know its leading there,whether by formally proposing or meeting the parents. Then you can start making preparations you know become financially stable and the rest.
 That's my contribution for having a more purpose driven relationship and thereby reduce regrets especially for women. I understand that there is still a lot more to say on this matter as each person might have had a different experience or has an opposite opinion.

So,do you agree with my point of view? Do you have another opinion? Do you have an experience to share? Please use the comments box as all opinions are welcome.

Also don't forget to share this with your friends on all the social media platforms made available below.Thank you and GOD Bless you.


No comments:

Post a Comment